Stephen has 12 years of previous commercial building experience as a field superintendent and safety coordinator. His daily responsibilities include conducting safety meetings, reviewing ISA’s, assisting the superintendent with investigations of accidents, taking preventative measures and recommending improvement on any unsafe conditions, material and equipment inspection and lastly to establish positive relationships with superintendents, foremen, craftsmen and laborers.
SAFETY TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Safety & Health Official (CSHO)
- Specialist in Safety & Health (SSH)
- OSHA 10 Hour Training for Construction Safety and Health
- OSHA 30 Hour Training for Construction Safety and Health
- OSHA 500
- OSHA 510
- OSHA 511
- OSHA 521 Guide to industrial hygiene
- OSHA 2015 Hazardous Materials
- OSHA 2225 Respiratory Protection
- OSHA 3015 Excavation, Trenching, and Soil Mechanics
- OSHA 3095 Electrical Standards
- OSHA 3115 Fall Protection
- Silica Competent Person Training
- Silica Awareness Training
- First Aid, CPR and AED Certification
PROJECT SAFETY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Houston Ballet—Houston, TX
- Ambassadors Office—Houston, TX
- United CMAR—Houston, TX
- HP Houston Campus—Spring, TX
- BHP Billiton—Houston, TX
- FMC Technologies Campus—Houston, TX
- Halliburton—Houston, TX
- Southwestern Energy Campus (LEED® Gold)—Spring, TX
- Waste Management—Houston, TX
- LINN Energy—Houston, TX
- LyondellBasell—Houston, TX
- GE Oil and Gas—Houston, TX
- Burns & McDonnell—Houston, TX
We take pride in our safety program and safety performance and bring that same pride and performance to all our projects daily.
Collectively our Partners, Project Managers, Superintendents, and Foremen are 100% dedicated to creating and maintaining a safe working culture on all projects. Each is committed to safety and responsible to lead, teach, and coach. To support our safety culture, we believe in training our employees as well as subcontract employees with the knowledge and skills needed to do their work safely.
- OSHA 10, 30, 510
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Electrical Safety
- Hazard Communication & SDS
- Ladders & Scaffolds
- First Aid & CPR
Methods We Practice
- Pre-construction meetings to address upcoming tasks and how to perform them safely.
- Orientation for every employee that comes to our projects.
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA) twice a day.
- Weekly project wide Safety Meeting (mandatory attendance required).
- Weekly Tool Box Talks.
- Routine project safety audits and inspections.
- Housekeeping- must be performed daily to support a safe working area.
MLC Safety News
MLC Takes Part in the National Safety Stand-Down — To Prevent Falls In Construction
OHSA sponsored program took place the week of May 6-10, 2019
Quote from Partners regarding safety
“100% of all accidents are preventable. It’s all about safe behavior, at home, in the car or at the job site.” – Jay Miller, President MLC